There were two huts named Myrtle Hut. This hut was built on Proctors Road, near the Lea. Boxing bouts and bicycling was popular at this hut. It was owned by the Ryland family and friends, who continued to use the remains of the chimney as a barbecue for many years after the hut’s demise in 1950. Read more in our detailed document on Myrtle Hut.